Wednesday, February 08, 2017

The imaginary conversation

“Pardon me, are you Richard Burr, sir?”

“That depends, who’s asking?”

“Oh, sure, sir. I’m a constituent, a voter.
I need your service, sir, I have been waiting for it.”

“I’m getting nervous...”

“Sir, I’ve seen your name in roll calls,
I’ve been seeking out your record, how you voted, bsir.
But  I got sort of out of sorts with a buddy of yours,
I don’t support her. She’s a scourge, sir.
She’s in charge of Education?”

“Betsy DeVos? Her?”

“Yes. I cannot believe what she says,
Decimate the schools, then bring the privat’zation?
She thinks that we need guns 'cause bears, what? We’re not stupid.
So why’d you do it? Why’d you confirm her cray ass?”

“It was my donors’ latest wish, they gave me cash!”

“She’s got money! Of course! 
I’m a voter. God, I wish there was a way
That we could show that votes are worth more

Than anyone’s piece of gold.”

You are the worst, Burr. Also, lie less, care more.

No comments: